Saturday, February 23, 2013

REST!



Matthew 11:28 - 29, 
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Jesus often took time to rest from His ministry - and He was the Son of God! Why is it we pack our schedules so full we often forget to take time to just rest in His presence? Jesus set the example. We need to not be so busy that we don't have time for Him, and that we rest in Him and nothing else.

Easy to say, tough to do? I know, I've been there. Done that. I think if we all took time out to rest we might be better believers - resting in Him and taking time to be alone with God. Vacations are in fact necessary, otherwise we burn out and we're no good for our families, our friends, but most importantly if we are burnt out we are no good for God's Kingdom work.

So REST! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment