Monday, July 22, 2013

A time to rest...





In life we get so busy that I think we forget to take time to rest. I have discovered this for myself at times when I have gotten so busy (even with being busy at the church) that God has had to step in and STOP me! Whether it is getting sick, or one year almost cutting my fingers off with a hedge trimmer... (yeah don't ask) sometimes God has had to stop me so I could rest.

Jesus often went off alone to rest and to pray and seek God's face. He didn't allow the busy patterns of life to get in the way - He took time out to rest, and He was the Son of God! I heard Chuck Swindoll use a phrase today that went like this: He will break the bow that is always bent. It was meaning that if we are always on the go and never slow down, that God will take matters into His own hands to slow us down. Something to think about...

So for all of us... myself included... make sure to take time out to rest and seek out the Lord in SPITE of the business of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment