Friday, April 25, 2014

The road to freedom... a way to deal with the gas situation

Okay many who know me know I have my ride, my bike, as my dad once said "I didn't know I'd have a biker for a son...!" :) But what kind of bike do I have? One that was bought when we first came to Angus almost 6 years ago now as a means of transportation to and from work at Pinewoods Chapel as I had been called there as Associate Pastor that fall. So what kind of "hog" do I have? Look at this baby...!

Yep... that's it! A Volt Spyder - electric bike (e-bike). Does a whopping 40 km/h max. Great for in town. Since that time I've seen more and more of these around, and with the gas situation? This might be the answer for a lot of people until it gets cold again. it looks like a gas powered one, but it's all electric, no licence needed, no licence plate needed, no insurance needed, just a helmet and the bike pedals to show any police what the bike is. It really is freedom.

I've had reactions from the "REAL" bikers... some wave in approval, some glare like I need to get a "REAL" ride. Whatever. I like it. I'll be getting out on the road soon and just having fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment