Saturday, November 15, 2014

The first snow of the winter season

So yes it's true, the first snow is here and more is coming daily it seems. Looks like winter has arrived at last. I get my winter tires on this week! 



So with the first snow we see how people remember (or forget) how to drive in snow! I saw this on the way to a training day for EA's on the PD Day. Some people thinking because they have an SUV or truck they can drive through anything at any speed... yeah doesn't work and they're in the ditches. Winter tires on cars don't mean we can just drive without care either! 

I had fun because I had only all seasonal tires on that Friday. I got stopped and at one stop sign it was "fun" to try and get going because we were on a slight hill, so I was spinning and thinking "Oh man the people behind me in that SUV must think I'm an idiot!" But I got going after adjusting back and forth between drive, first gear, and low gear in my 2007 automatic Pontiac G5. SO the lesson of the year is - be ready, drive carefully, and have fun! Be patient too when someone is slipping - it could be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment