Saturday, December 08, 2018

Christmas is better this year...

Let me say... I always enjoy Christmas. 

It was rough 3 years ago though when it was mom's last, and we knew it. 


2 years ago it was the first without mom, and that was so hard. It was quieter than usual. No infectious laugh we all loved. It was Christmas, but just, solemn.


Last year we saw the start of something new happening... dad was newly engaged and we met the new extended family, and our little girl Shiloh experienced Christmas for the first time - but of course not really getting it being under a year old.


This year? Dad is newly married, our little girl is a year old and really starting to take in all the Christmas things, and we're looking toward the future - a little unclear - but still trusting God for the outcome.


I know this time of year people will be cheery and celebrating Jesus, and I am all for that believe me! I just stop to think of those who have lost loved ones and this will be their first Christmas without them. I understand. It hurts. 


It's our third Christmas without mom (she'll have been gone three years in February), and she never got to see our little girl. Shiloh only knows her image from pictures. Mom would have loved Shiloh. 


I take this all in and can only really say with Job, The Lord gives, the Lord takes away - blessed be the name of the Lord... and then rely on Proverbs 3:5,6 (Amplified)Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

6 In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him,
And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].


So no matter where you're at this Christmas - if you are a child of God, saved by our Lord Jesus Christ - know that God is with you and will walk with you throughout anything life dishes out - good or bad. 

Remember what Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:9but He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you [My loving kindness and My mercy are more than enough—always available—regardless of the situation]; for [My] power is being perfected [and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness.” Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me.

So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Robertsons and all of us at LIFE 100.3!




No comments:

Post a Comment