Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Halls of Faith - will we be in there?

I've continued my reading through Hebrews and at chapter 11 last night I was dealing with the topic of heroes of the faith, and it got me wondering if when walking through the halls of faith - would I be considered one to be counted in that list someday? You know, someday people would be able to look back and say, "He was a man of faith like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the prophets and apostles..." It's a humbling thing to think about. Are we being strong enough in our faith to one day have people look back and say we were a strong example for them to follow?



There have been times in my life where I know I have thought of myself higher than I should have. God had to humble me. I compare myself to the heroes of the faith and think can I ever match up? Then I remember - Moses made excuses, David was an adulterer, Samson had a lust problem, Peter had a temper issue, and more. They were human like me. They had faults like me and yet were considered heroes of the faith BECAUSE of their faith, not because of what they did. It gives me hope that I have a chance to be like them! A hero of the faith! Just human, but still someone others might look up to one day and say "What a man of faith..."

No comments:

Post a Comment